Monday, July 29, 2013

Turtle afghan pattern graph

What a cute little guy!  I haven't made him yet, but my goal was for a baby blanket.  Using a sc for each square with a G hook, I believe this should turn out crib blanket size.  I'll find out soon enough I hope! Using 2 dc for each square would yield a full size blanket, though I'd trim about 5 rows off top and bottom each.







September, 2015: I finally got to use this pattern! I changed the background to white, and used 2 shades of blue for the turtle. I used a G hook and 1Sc per square, but I added 6 columns to the front and back of the turtle and I added 2 rows to the top and bottom. Before border this gave me a 19" x 25 3/4". For the border i went around the outside with 1row each of white, light blue, dark blue. Finished dimensions were about 21" x 27".

No comments:

Post a Comment