Thursday, February 15, 2018

Iowa Hawkeyes

Herky the Hawk is the University of Iowa's mascot.  Crochet this college football team's logo in black and white as shown or choose the school colors of  black and gold. Using 2 dc per graph square with an H hook will give you a throw about the size of a twin mattress top. If you'd like to request the pdf, please email me at kendrascrochet@gmail.com with Iowa Hawkeyes (for the top graph) or Iowa Hawkeyes 2 (for the bottom graph) in the subject line. Please put any comments or questions in the body of the email.  
If you are nervous about the lettering, I'd suggest either working the blanket from the short side (this seriously cuts down on color changes!) or leaving out the lettering if you want only the logo.  If you leave out the lettering, request the top graph so your logo will be in the center. I use a method called "intarsia" to keep the colors from showing through between sections.  See this blog post to read about how I do this (includes photos).

2 comments:

  1. I'm trying to get this crochet pattern, and am not having any luck. How do I get it, no one seems to want to answer me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so sorry, somehow a bunch of my posts had comments that I wasn't notified of! If you go to my new website kendrascrochetedcreations.com you can download or print from there

      Delete