Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Buffalo Sabres

updated logo
Did you know that they had an awful time coming up with a name for the Buffalo Sabres?  They had this "thing" back then (early '70s, I believe) where they named all Buffalo teams "Bison."  The owners had a "name the team" contest and amongst all the obvious rejects someone had entered "The Sabres."  The owners thought thought it was appropriate because a sabre was carried by a leader and could be used on offense and defense (although not in hockey, thank goodness!). They have a large Canadian fan base, being just a few minutes away from Canada, and the winner of the contest was from Canada so they kept the spelling the way our Canadian neighbors spell it.  The Buffalo Sabres are a member of the National Hockey League based in Buffalo, New York.  I can't even remember how long ago I made this Buffalo Sabres graph!  They have since updated their logo to the one below, but I still like this one!  Does it matter to have the most recent logo on your afghan, do you think? Or is it ok to have an outdated logo that you like better, as long as the team name stays the same?  Please, put your opinions below in the comments!

If you would like the pdf of the graph above, email me at kendrascrochet@gmail.com with "Buffalo Sabres" in the subject line.  Any questions should be put in the body of your email. 

2 comments:

  1. I prefer the new logo. Do you have the crochet graph for this? I would like the team name on it as well

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't made one of the new logo. I can try it if you like! Email me at kendrascrochet@gmail.com

      Delete