Saturday, March 17, 2018

T.A.R.D.I.S graph-free pattern

We've recently become fans of Doctor Who. Well, a couple seasons or so into its reboot. It is so popular that our son started asking us about it, after seeing tee shirts and hearing things at school and we had no information to give him.  So we started watching and we love it!

Before that happened, I was asked to make a T.A.R.D.I.S. afghan.  I had no clue what that meant so I did some research and found out that it's a time machine-how cool is that!? "Time And Relative Dimensions In Space"=T.A.R.D.I.S. And... it is bigger on the inside!

Finished afghan by me
We have since gone back to the original series from the 50s and watched every episode from the very first.  We are extremely excited to find out if we like the new doctor (13th) and disappointed that we have to wait to find out! We did see the Christmas episode that introduced her, but she was on for about 10 seconds and said maybe 2 words.

For your Doctor Who fan, you can crochet this full-sized bedspread with overhang with 2 dc per graph square and an H hook, or if you would like a twin size, leave 15 rows off each side.  To get a throw size, use a J hook and 1 sc per graph square while decreasing the rows by 15 on each side and increasing by 15 on top and bottom.  Leave me your comments below or email me at kendrascrochet@gmail.com for the pdf of this graph with "Tardis" in the subject line.

6 comments:

  1. Can you send me the pattern please?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so sorry, I'm not getting notified of comments! Tge graph is now available on kendrascrochetedcreations.com

      Delete
  2. I'm trying to get an idea of how much yarn I'll need to purchase in order to make the tardis blanket. I crochet a little loose.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I dont have yarn amounts for this, I'm so sorry! If I made it again I'd probably start out with 3 blue, 3 background color, 1 black, 1 white.

      Delete
  3. Dear Kendra,
    Please send me the pattern with the instructions of how you changed the color so that the black lines are straight. If you can.
    Thank you,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry, I'm not getting all my comment notifications! The graph is available on kendrascrochetedcreations.com and I used a method called intarsia for changing colors. See April 1 2015 blog post for photos. I also suggest working this graph from the long side.

      Delete