Friday, July 5, 2013

Green bay packers afghan pattern

Since this is a licensed product I can't sell the pattern but I'm too proud of it to keep it to myself!
I used 2 DC for each graph square, a size H hook, and red heart yarn in hunter green (7 skeins), gold (2 skeins), brown (2 skeins),and white (2 skeins). I also used 1 skein black for seams on the football in another version. I used a new length of yarn for each color block instead of carrying them across the work. (see  this post) I measured the length of yarn it took to make 2 DC, and multiplied it by the number of squares in the section in question. Then I cut the yarn and balled it up to keep it neat. While working, I laid my work on the floor and moved myself from one side to the other when I changed direction. This throw measured 4-1/2 x 6-1/2 ft without the border (as graphed) and about 5 x 7 with the border (as in picture).
the graph will not print out properly so if you want a printable copy, go to kendrascrochetedcreations.com I now have a paid word chart available. Email me for details.   See here for version 2.  I don't always get notifications if you post your email address in the comments so to ensure you receive the graph (as well as to keep your privacy), please email me your request. If you need a visual about how I made this afghan, check out my graduation afghan progress photos starting here . it is made the same way and had pictures of each day's progress.

21 comments:

  1. This is amazing!!! I would love to make this blanket for my boyfriend! I printed out your graph but it turned out a little blurry and I can't read it - do you have any suggestions on how to get around that or a higher resolution graph for printing out? Thanks! -Kaylee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. send an email to kendrascrochet@gmail.com and I will try to email you the original and see if that works out for you!

      Delete
  2. Do you think this would work with single crochet to make a smaller blanket?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you use a j hook a 1 sc per graph square and add enough rows to make it 200 x 150 it should turn out to be a 4 x 5 ft throw.

      Delete
  3. I would love to make this for my husband who is a HUGE Packer fan and I was having the same problem with printing the pattern out, came out blurry, did you have any success with sending the original via email?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Email me at kendrascrochet@gmail.com and I'll reply with the pdf.

      Delete
  4. can you please send me this graph in email , thank you so much, this is a great pattern

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love to make this for my husband and great nephew die hard fans.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I tried to print off your patterns and it is blurry. What can I do about it. Please and thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Send an email to kendrascrochet@gmail.com and I'll send you the pdf!

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Nobody has tried this yet! If you do, let me know how it works out!

      Delete
  8. I would love to try this but may need a little more visual instructions. Are there any videos? bbac171717@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm looking for the Harley Davidson graphgan, I can't seem to find it.the one with the flames on the sides.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll have to email kendrascrochet@gmail.com for the graph at this time. It will be added to my website soon.

      Delete
  10. I have a question about this graph. Can you please email me? Amandamedlin1286@gmail.com
    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so sorry, I haven't been getting my blog comment notifications. Email kendrascrochet@gmail.com with any questions you gave.

      Delete